Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh No!

"Oh No" is a phrase Husband and I hear from Little Boy at least seven times a day. Generally it's in his soft spoken voice, other times we hear it with great urgency. Last night LB was having fun climbing on and off the couch. (Aside: Kids don't need toys. Couches, wooden spoons, and the springy door stops attached to the baseboard are really all LB needs.) In the midst of climbing, LB somehow ended up with his knees on the couch and feet on the ottoman creating a sort of human bridge between the two. I was about to lift him out of his odd situation when Husband stopped me. "See if he can figure it out," he said. (Aside #2: Husband reminds me this constantly: Little Boys need lots of chances to figure things out!) And so I watched - sort of hovered - and waited. And figured it out, he did. LB managed out of his predicament with a simply and mildly noted, "Oh no."

No comments:

Post a Comment